BR 6-6: Parallel

 'I don't understand. What are you saying? Who is he? Why does he look like me?'

'Good question, Max. I can answer them, but it's going to be difficult to understand.'

I can understand most things, Mr Fairhead.'

'Well, Max, This man is you. But he doesn't live in this world.' (p.12)


This week, I read this book, "Parallel". 

The story begins with a scene in which a man pushes a woman onto a train platform and kills her.

The main character is Max, the hitman. One day, a man named Gerald Fairhead comes to see him. He somehow has a picture of Max from a different world. And then, Max follows Fairhead to a parallel world, but...

At first I thought this story was a suspense, but it was a SF story. 

I was surprised by the last scene, and I can recommend this book!


Campbell, Colin. (2004). Parallel. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.



コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

I read "Vanishing Cream"

I got a new PC

BR 3-8: Dead Cold